Frutas Huguet is a Majorcan company, its basic task is to provide fresh and seasonal produce which adds flavour to our dishes. Their most renowned products are fruit, vegetables and aromatic herbs.
When we spoke to Marga, the manager of Frutas Huguet, it helped us understand the importance of preparing our dishes with fresh and freshly cut aromatic herbs.
One of the most important points is that herbs have to be used when fresh, as aromatic herbs help to enhance flavour and to take care of your body.
We must never forget that herbs give our dishes strong flavours, we will have to be careful and use them in little amounts.
We will present you the most popular varieties with their culinary use and properties for our body:
- Rosemary is rich in antioxidants, with digestive properties and for respiratory problems. Perfect for seasoning meat.
- Mint is refreshing and it can be used with meat, for example lamb.
- Parsley is a source of vitamins, it is very useful for stomach problems and it has cleansing properties that help to lose weight. It can be used with fish and sauces.
- Thyme helps our digestive system, it is excellent for seasoning red meat.
- Bay is rich in antioxidants and minerals, it is used in stews and with legumes. You have to remember to remove it before serving the dish.
- Basil is a source of antioxidants and it is anti-inflammatory. Perfect for seasoning pasta and sauces.
- Coriander has strong cleansing and digestive properties. Perfect for seasoning pasta or rice stews.
Talking about cuisine is talking about aromas and flavours, aromatic herbs are essential in cuisines of all around the world, as they contribute greatly to our dishes and they have an infinite number of healthy properties.