The fruit of the almond tree, almond, is characterized basically by its extensive use in the cuisine, both in sweet and savoury dishes, and by its great healthy properties. Pink and oval, this product can be eaten in different ways, for example there are almonds with or without skin, toasted skinned almonds, almond flour, almond bits and ground almonds.
The properties are so numerous that we could be speaking about them for many days. We will quote for you the basic ones:
- Due to its protein and fibre content, almond is a powerfully nutritious product.
- Owing to their low caloric value we can have them between meals, recommended especially for those on diet.
- Regularly consumed almonds contribute to intelligence and prevent anaemia.
- It is rich in vitamin E which contributes to improving the state of hair, nails and skin.
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and heart attacks.
- Almonds are an excellent food rich in antioxidants.
- They contain magnesium which helps to regulate blood pressure levels.
As you can see, we could make a never-ending list of the benefits of eating almonds. In the Mediterranean diet they are used in an infinite number of dishes and desserts. Sabor de Mallorca collaborates with “Camp Mallorquí”, a cooperative of Majorcan companies that takes charge of planting, taking care of, picking and serving basically almonds and it by-products. They export above all to the Spanish market, to the turrón companies. Now they are introducing all their products to the EU countries.